- 4-hour ATV tour through Box Canyon in Florence, Arizona
- Adventure past the Tortilla Mountains and through Box Canyon on a 34-mile (54717-meter) ride
- Spot historical petroglyphs left over from the ancient Native Americans
- See an old miner’s building and a post office built in the 1800s
- Enjoy snacks and bottled water on this tour
- Choose between an 7:45am and a 12:45pm departure time
- Pick a single- or double-sized ATV
Departure & Return
What To Expect
The trail is about 34 miles (54717 meters) long. Ride through gorgeous areas of the canyon stopping at several spots for picture opportunities. See an old adobe building that used to serve as a way station for the Butterfield Overland Stage Coach Company during the 1860s. Pass by an old miners’ building and a post office built in the 1800s. Plus, see historical petroglyphs left over from the ancient Native Americans up close.
This trip really is an adventure. The canyon walls you drive through sometimes reach up to 1500-feet (457-meters) high, and cacti and rocky terrains are everywhere. Your guide is also super experienced to help you through all weather conditions, such as the heat or rain.
*Select 1 adult when booking a Double ATV
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum ATV operation age is 15 1/2 years with learners permit
- Please wear long pants and closed toed shoes
- A $500 Security Deposit is REQUIRED per vehicle before the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests must driver to meet our guide(s) at the Trail head directly for start of tour - there is not a physical address but the nearest physical address is: River Bottom Grill 2501 N HWY 79, Florence, AZ 85132. Then the meeting place is on Price Stanton Rd which is nearby and once they turn onto Price it's about 3/4 of a mile on the right side of the road.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arizona ATV Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Great 3-hour, 34-mile ATV excursion from Florence AZ through the Box Canyon to the old Stage/Pony Express station and back." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews