2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Step back in time to explore the ancient Olmec and Maya cultures during this 2-day, 1-night visit to the archaeological site of Takalik Abaj. Wander the through the site’s Mayan tomb, as well as its wondrous collection of Olmec-style sculpture, Maya hieroglyphics and a sophisticated water drainage system. As you explore, you’ll learn about the history and key building periods of these two unique cultures from your guide. Your trip to Takalik Abaj also includes overnight accommodation, site entrance fees and round-trip hotel transport from Panjachel.
- Take a 2-day, 1-night trip to the Olmec and Mayan archaeological site of Takalik Abaj
- Travel through cloud forests and farm fields of coffee and pineapple en route to the overnight accommodation
- Take advantage of swimming, hiking or bird watching at the trip's overnight accommodation
- Explore the site's Mayan tomb, collection of Olmec sculptures, and Mayan hieroglyphics
- Learn about the history and key building periods of these two cultures from a guide
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by SUV, minivan, or coach
Round-trip private transfer
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Los Elementos Adventure Center & Day Spa
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 2-Day Takalik Abaj: Mayan and Olmec Archaeological Site from Panajachel?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during 2-Day Takalik Abaj: Mayan and Olmec Archaeological Site from Panajachel?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 2-Day Takalik Abaj: Mayan and Olmec Archaeological Site from Panajachel?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 2-Day Takalik Abaj: Mayan and Olmec Archaeological Site from Panajachel?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPanajachelBus Tours - Western HighlandsArchaeology Tours - Western HighlandsOvernight Tours - Western HighlandsMulti-day Tours - Western HighlandsHistorical Tours - Western HighlandsBus Tours - San Pedro La LagunaArchaeology Tours - San Pedro La LagunaOvernight Tours - San Pedro La LagunaMulti-day Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHistorical Tours - San Pedro La LagunaBus Tours - AntiguaArchaeology Tours - AntiguaOvernight Tours - AntiguaMulti-day Tours - AntiguaHistorical Tours - AntiguaCategory