- Feel the rush of white water rafting on this half-day tour from Cairns
- 2-hours rafting through Barron Gorge National Park
- Safety equipment including spray jackets, helmets and life jackets
- Rapids are graded to 3, perfect for beginners
- English-speaking informative and enthusiastic river guides
- Hotel pick up and drop off from centrally located Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Lake Placid Road, Lake Placid Rd, Kamerunga QLD 4870, Australia
2: Palm Cove, Palm Cove, Cairns Region, Queensland
3: Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any Cairns City accommodation. Guests are more than welcome to make their own way to Lake Placid Park (self drive).
Meet your river guides at the Lake Placid Carpark, near the Caravan Park.
Guests will be collected from Northern Beaches accommodation and taken to the starting point of the tour.
Guests will be collected from Cairns accommodation and taken to the starting point of the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Receive a safety briefing and get outfitted with the provided gear, including life jackets, helmets and paddles. Then learn paddling basics from professional guide, before hopping in your raft for a thrilling ride through Barron Gorge National Park.
As you glide through calmer sections, admire the surrounding World Heritage-listed Wet Tropics and hear about regional animal life, plants and highlights such as Barron Falls. The famous Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway also traverse sections of the gorge.
Expect to get wet when you go through rapids with colorful names such as Rooster Tail and Cheese Churn. This section of the Barron River is rated as grade three, which means that the waves can measure approximately 3–6 feet (1–2 meters) and passengers need to hold on at times in rapids. Bring sturdy shoes that can get wet, swimsuit and towel, plus dry clothes to change into after your trip.
After your 3.5-hour rafting trip, your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children aged 12-18 years require a Parents or Guardians counter signature on waiver form
- Minimum age is 12 years
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Raging Thunder White Water Rafting
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "some of the guides/staff need to work on personal hygiene with increased use of deodorant especially when working in close proximity to other people." See review