1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Visiting Oxford as a family but short on time? If so, this family-friendly tour captures the essence of the city, packing top sights and activities into a half-day. Join a Thames River cruise or cycle along the riverbanks, enjoy an ‘Alice in Wonderland’-themed picnic lunch or afternoon tea, take a walking tour oriented to children, and visit Christchurch College, a backdrop for many Harry Potter movies. Includes entrance fees and choice of departure times.
- Family-friendly Oxford half-day sights and activities tour
- Experience the best of this famous city with tours and experiences aimed at families
- Join a scenic cruise or bike trip along the Thames River
- Savor an Alice in Wonderland-inspired picnic lunch or afternoon tea with the Mad Hatter
- Visit famous Christchurch College, a location used in several Harry Potter movies
- Enjoy a city and university walking tour focused on children’s interests
- Great for first-time visitors, with entrance fees and choice of departure times included
Saved to wishlist!
Entry worth £8 to New college film site
Entry worth £2.50 to the Divinity school film site at the Bodleian library, as & when open
On any dates when Divinity school may close, we'll offer entry to Balliol college, if it's open
On dates when the Divinity school is not open, this tour will only visit New college- see exclusions
This tour does NOT visit Christ church as we run that as a separate & more expensive tour
Dates of any partial closures of the cloisters at New college, we'll forewarn you to offer refunds
No tour companies can ever guide inside the medieval Duke Humfreys Bodleian Library
Divinity school is closed from Dec 13 to 21 and from Dec 24 to Jan 1st
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Divinity school is closed on Sep 24, Sep 25, Sep 30, Oct 1, Oct 2, Oct 3...of 2021
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during New College Oxford Harry Potter Insights - PRIVATE TOURS?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Compare Similar Experiences
New College Oxford Harry Potter Insights - PRIVATE TOURS
105 to 120 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursMarketsMovie ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingOxfordFood Tours - South East EnglandWalking Tours - South East EnglandMarkets - South East EnglandMovie Tours - South East EnglandFood Tours - LondonWalking Tours - LondonMarkets - LondonMovie Tours - LondonFood Tours - BirminghamWalking Tours - BirminghamMarkets - BirminghamMovie Tours - BirminghamCategory
Sheldonian Theatre Tours & TicketsOxford Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsCarfax Junction Tours & TicketsMagdalen College Tours & TicketsTrinity College Tours & TicketsOxford Castle & Prison Tours & TicketsAshmolean Museum Tours & TicketsHistory of Science Museum Tours & TicketsBalliol College Tours & TicketsBlenheim Palace Tours & TicketsOxford Town Hall Tours & Tickets