- Tour of Monte Alban ancient archaeological ruins from Oaxaca
- Gaze at panoramic views from a hilltop location
- Discover magnificent temples, pyramids and tombs at this UNESCO site
- Learn about the Zapotec culture from your professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned coach included
Departure & Return
Departure PointOaxaca, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Due to the pandemic the archaeological site is receiving a certain number of visitors, therefore we are starting the tour at 08:00 am in order to be among the 300 visitors allowed per day
please write the name of your hotel in the comments, otherwise we will assume that we will meet at the Quinta Real hotel at the time confirmed by message
This could be from 8:00 am
(It is important to confirm the tour one day before)
calle 5 de Mayo esquina con Murguia, Centro, cp. 68000 o en el lobby del Hotel Quinta Real
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon arrival at the archaeological site, explore with your guide the Grand Plaza, a large open area on the flattened plateau. Hear engaging facts about Zapotec history and culture as you gaze at ceremonial platforms, including a series of rock carvings called The Dancers (Los Danzantes). You’ll see some of Monte Alban’s 170 tombs, whose excavations revealed a range of paintings and stone carvings.
Visit pyramids, temples, altars and the I-shaped ball court constructed in 100 BC. Make your way up the South Platform (Plataforma Sur), a large area known for its wide staircase and great views.
Enjoy some free time wandering the well-preserved site on your own and capturing memorable photos. Your Oaxaca pyramids tour of Monte Alban ends with drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turismo el Convento de Oaxaca
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff