2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Learn tales of Manhattan’s historical organized crime that most people never hear on this walking tour. Meet your guide—a retired New York City police officer or detective—and walk to once crime-ridden locations in Chinatown, the Lower East Side, and Wall Street. Visit crime sites, hear stories of gang warfare, crime rings, and the Mafia; and discover how, and to what extent, today’s city has cleaned up its act.
- Trace NYC’s sordid past on a crime tour with an ex-NYPD officer or detective
- Visit ‘hoods and sites where crime once ruled that you couldn’t find alone
- See old mob and gang haunts; and chart killings, turf wars, and drug rings
- Ideal for true-crime buffs wanting a hassle-free scoop on NYC’s dark history
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour of the Lower East Side and Wall Street
Expert tour guide
Small groups of 20 people or fewer
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
11 Wall St, New York, NY 10005, USA
Little Italy, New York, NY 10013, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour may not be suitable for young children, as the subject matter can be disturbing
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Tour is in English only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Take Walks New York by Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Stories from the Dark Side of New York City, NYPD Created Guided Crime Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Stories from the Dark Side of New York City, NYPD Created Guided Crime Tour?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Stories from the Dark Side of New York City, NYPD Created Guided Crime Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "As a frequent traveler, I can highly recommend this tour." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNew York CityUnique Experiences - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkHistorical Tours - New YorkUnique Experiences - BrooklynWalking Tours - BrooklynHistorical Tours - BrooklynUnique Experiences - NewarkWalking Tours - NewarkHistorical Tours - NewarkCategory
Broadway Comedy ClubApollo TheaterBattery ParkChelsea MarketVivian Beaumont TheaterNiagara Falls9/11 Tribute MuseumNew York Penn StationDavid H. Koch TheaterDavid N. Dinkins Manhattan Municipal BuildingTimes SquareLyceum TheatreLower East SideAstor Place TheatreEdge NYCNew York City Little ItalyThe Jewish MuseumNational Geographic Encounter: Ocean OdysseyNewark Liberty International Airport (EWR)Central Park Conservatory Garden