- Skip the entrance lines at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on this tour
- A guide knows the museum well so you can see more of the Met in less time
- Visit the rooftop garden for panoramic views of Central Park (October to May only)
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people provides an intimate experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet your guide in the main lobby of museum at the statue of the Pharoah (on your right)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Skip the line and stroll right into the museum. After meeting your guide in the lobby head off with your guide who explains the significance of each piece of art you stop to look at and curates a perfect tour of the museum's highlights.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Some pieces of art may not be accessible depending on the rotation of exhibits
- Rooftop garden is only accessible May through October, weather permitting
- No flash photography or selfie sticks are permitted
- Museum is wheelchair accessible; if you cannot access the front entrance via the stairs, there is a ground-level entrance one block south (81st Street and 5th Avenue); the desk there will give you temporary pass and allow you to take the elevator to meet your group in the main lobby
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- From 1st March 2020 the duration of the tour is 2 hours 30 minutes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Take Walks New York by Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience