Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore New England's Mount Washington on a day trip from Boston
- Ascend to the top of this 6,200-foot (1,900-meter) peak aboard a historic 19th-century 'Cog' Railway
- Discover the historic 1853 Tip Top House on top of Mount Washington
- Admire stunning views from the top, along with the Mount Washington Observatory's Weather Museum
- Stuff yourself with seasonal produce during a fruit-picking excursion
- Great way to spend the day outdoors in New England
Departure & Return
Pick-up time: 6:30am
Pick-up time: 7:00am
Pick-up time: 8:00am
Pick-up time: 8:15am
Pick-up time: 8:45am
What To Expect
Meet up with your group in the morning at predetermined locations in Boston or Quincy, traveling to the base of this 6,200-foot (1,900-meter) peak for your ride aboard the Mount Washington Cog Railway (ticket at your own expense). This 19th-century engineering marvel has joined forces with 21st-century environmental technology. Travel ever-upwards on this 37.41% grade (one of the world’s steepest) aboard a train powered by green-friendly biodiesel.
After 45 minutes, you’ll arrive at the summit of this majestic New Hampshire peak. Take your time to explore the Mount Washington Observatory’s Weather Museum, check out the 1853 Tip Top House, or head over to the Sherman Adams Visitor Center. No matter what activity you choose, you’re sure to enjoy the dramatic views.
When it’s time to come “back down to earth,” head over to nearby fruit-picking spot, where you can sample some tasty blueberries, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, apples or pumpkins depending on the time of year. If weather doesn’t allow for fruit picking, you’ll do some shopping instead at Merrimack Outlet, returning to Boston in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sunshine Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.