- Explore Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Amish country on a luxury coach
- Learn about the region from an informative local guide
- Ride a horse-drawn buggy in Amish country as you experience their simple way of life
- Overnight accommodation at a 3-star hotel included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
6:30 AM Departure In front of Port Authority Bus Terminal Building on 42nd Street (between 8th & 9th Avenue)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
It’s a short drive to Philadelphia, where the first day of the tour features a drive along Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Elfreth Alley, America's oldest continuously inhabited residential street. Spend some time exploring the city’s historical attractions, like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Constitution Center, City Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s famed “Rocky Steps” and more.
Continue east and move away from the hustle of city life to the quiet surroundings of Amish country in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. See how the Amish live and take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Browse handmade arts, crafts, and other products and experience the simpler life of the Amish people. In the late afternoon, depart east for an evening arrival in Washington DC and an overnight stay at a 3-star hotel.
On the second day of the tour, visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial by the Tidal Basin and see the Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County, Virginia, across the Potomac River from Washington. Your visit continues to Capitol Hill. See the Capitol, Senate, and White House to understand the core of the US government before visiting the Lincoln, Washington, Korea, and Vietnam Memorials.
The tour concludes with a return trip to New York City.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair transportation must be requested in advance
- Amish portion of the tour is subject to change due to seasons or inclement weather
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the event that parts of this itnerary remain inaccessable due to COVID 19 an alternate itinerary will be followed. Final details will be available prior to each departure. On our tours we use a wide variety of attractions which all have different policies regarding Covid 19. In order to enjoy the full experience of the tour it is recommended to bring a face covering as it may be required for entry at certain locations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff