Explore our promoted experiences
- 35-minute alpine explorer helicopter tour with snow landing
- Step foot into the snowfield above Richardson Glacier
- See views of Mt Cook/Aoraki from the summit
- Listen to narration provided by the pilot
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Listen to commentary from your pilot who expertly hovers the helicopter above an alpine landscape of scarred ridges left by ancient glaciers. Soar over steep and rugged ridges of the Ben Ohau Range en route to a mountain pass through the Southern Alps.
Experience a brief landing atop Richardson Glacier and step out of the helicopter to play in the snow. Take advantage of prime views of 12,217-foot (3,724-meter) Aoraki/Mt Cook from above.
On your return flight to Glentanner Park, look down the Tasman Valley toward Lake Pukaki.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, Children under 15kgs are required to sit on a parents lap.
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands