- Small-group tour of the Moscow Kremlin
- Admire the Senate Palace and the Grand Kremlin Palace
- Visit Cathedral Square including Assumption Cathedral and Archangel Cathedral
- See the enormous Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon, each made of bronze
- Learn about Russian tsars and emperors from your guide
- Tour limited to 25 people, ensuring a personalized experience
Departure & Return
- Go to Biblioteka imeni Lenina (Red Line #1) or Alexandrovsky Sad (Light Blue Line (#4) metro station. - Use any exit - Find the Kremlin Kutafia Tower. Tour starts at the square in front of the tower (under construction). Look out for the guide with a big red umbrella saying 'Moscow Free tour'
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get an introduction to the Kremlin, learning how its walls and towers were built in the 15th century as Moscow’s citadel. By the 18th and 19th centuries, the walls enclosed palaces, churches and arsenals that today serve as museums and seat of the Russian government.
Head inside with your guide, and admire the grandeur of the Grand Kremlin Palace, once home to some of Russia’s Tsars. Continue into Ivan Square, the Kremlin’s biggest courtyard. Admire the Tsar Bell — the world’s largest — displayed here, and inspect its carved images of the Tsar Alexei and Empress Anna.
See the 16th-century Tsar Cannon, one of the largest ever made at almost 20 feet (6 meters) long, and admire the façade of the Senate Palace, currently the residence of Russia’s president.
Stroll around Cathedral Square, and visit the 15th-century Assumption Cathedral, once Russia’s main church and coronation site of the Tsars. Then, visit the beautiful 16th-century Archangel’s Cathedral, topped by five domes and home to the tombs of many medieval Tsars and princes.
Ogle the Ivan the Great Bell Tower, a 16th-century white tower that stands 266 feet (81 meters) high, and is crowned by a gleaming gold dome and cross.
Your tour finishes at the imposing Borovitskaya Tower when your guide departs, leaving you free to make your exit or continue visiting other parts of the Kremlin independently.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Moscow Free Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.