- Enter Moscow’s Kremlin at the earliest admission time to avoid long entrance lines that appear later in the day
- Gaze in awe at the opulence of the Armory with its collection of impressive Imperial weapons
- Visit the Diamond Fund Exhibition to see the Crown of the Russian Empire alongside other dazzling jewels
- Walk around the colorful Assumption Cathedral and hear of the countless coronations that once took place inside
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the Feodor Dostoevsky Monument, in front of the Russian National Library (outside the Kremlin). The nearest metro station is Lenin’s Library metro (the Russian name for this is Biblioteka Imeni Lenina).
What To Expect
Head first to the Armory, a chamber overflowing with precious jewels and glittering treasure, to explore nine rooms all lavishly embellished with ornamentation and weapons. Direct your attention to ostentatious highlights like the vast collection of Faberge Eggs and the crowns and thrones of former Russian tsars.
Stop for photographs beside Tsar Cannon, a colossal firearm that has never been blown, and then gaze at one of the world’s largest bells encased by a grand bellower. Next, immerse yourself in the opulent jewels of the Diamond Fund Exhibition to see an enticing array of precious stones amassed by Russian emperors over the years.
After admiring crowns, scepters and orbs belonging to the Empress Elizabeth and then head to the Assumption Cathedral to absorb the sacred majesty of the structure. Marvel at the swathes of 15th-century color within the ecclesiastical building and soak up the religious resplendence in the main prayer hall.
Return to the start point of the tour and bid your guide a fond farewell.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Moscow Free Tour
Learn more about cancellations.