Are you interested in?
4 Tours & Activities
Food & Drink
16 Tours & Activities
How to Spend 2 Days in Mérida
15 Tours & Activities
6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Explore the distinctive flavors of Yucatec cuisine at a cooking class in a Merida home, preparing a traditional three-course meal alongside a local chef. You'll start in the vibrant Merida market, shopping for fresh fruits, vegetables, and recados, or Yucatec spice blends, then roll up your sleeves to cook an appetizer, main course, and dessert. From the marketplace to the home kitchen, this cooking class is a great way to experience Yucatec cuisine and get a glimpse of daily life in the bustling city.
- Learn the flavors and ingredients of Yucatec cooking
- Shop for fresh ingredients in the local market
- Meet a local cook in a home kitchen
- Cook and eat a delicious 3-course meal
- Includes drinks, snacks, and lunch
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Instant Confirmation
Saved to wishlist!
Papadzules, Poc Chuc, Empandas, Tikin xic
Items of personal nature
Tips to the guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointHotel Caribe, HOTEL COLONIAL DE MERIDA, Calle 59 500, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 8 years are free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian and Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- Transportation is by public bus and taxi back to downtown
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventures Mexico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Taste of the Yucatan: Merida Cooking Class and Market Visit?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Taste of the Yucatan: Merida Cooking Class and Market Visit?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Taste of the Yucatan: Merida Cooking Class and Market Visit?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Taste of the Yucatan: Merida Cooking Class and Market Visit?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 34253P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeMeridaCooking Classes - Riviera Maya & the YucatanCooking Classes - TulumCooking Classes - Playa del CarmenCategory