Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to UNESCO World Heritage-listed Chichen Itza from Merida
- Skip the lines with private entry from Mayaland Resort
- Discover the pre-Columbian Mayan civilization at the observatory, Great Plaza, and Akab Dzib
- Enjoy a buffet lunch, regional dance performance, and swimming at Mayaland Hotel
Departure & Return
• FUENTE PARQUE DE SAN JUAN at 07:00 AM (winter time) or 08:00 AM (summer time): Calle 67A 529, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc.
• GRAN HOTEL at 07:15 AM (winter time) or 08:15 AM (summer time): Calle 60 496, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc.
• MCDONALD’S PASEO DE MONTEJO at 07:25 AM (winter time) or 08:25 AM (summer time): Paseo de Montejo 454, Itzimná, 97100 Mérida, Yuc.
• MUSEO DEL MUNDO MAYA at 07:45 AM (winter time) or 08:45 AM (summer time): Calle 60 299 E, Unidad Revolución, 97110 Mérida, Yuc.
What To Expect
Begin your tour by absorbing the unique atmosphere of a world wonder in the Great Plaza, hailed as the social and spiritual heart of the city. Continue to the Pyramid of Kukulcan and gaze upward at the iconic structure; marvel at the pyramid’s perfect symmetry; learn how it was influenced by astronomical discoveries and listen to stories of serpentine shadows and architectural inspiration. Venture within to lay eyes on the exceptional pre-Colombian Chac Mool sculpture.
Next, venture to the enigmatic Great Ball Court to gain insight into the mystifying acoustics of the area. Stand 150 feet (46 meters) from someone on the opposite side of the ball court and hear their muted whispers loud and clear. This scientific marvel continues to perplex experts and archeologists around the world.
Continue to follow your guide as you head to an ancient collection of buildings constructed during the classical period; see the Temple of Warriors and the House of Mysterious Writings as your guide provides enrapturing explanations.
Explore the site independently until you depart for the luxurious Mayaland Hotel Resort. Feast upon a delicious buffet of local dishes and special recipes, watching local performers dance to traditional folkloric music. Luxuriate in the resort’s fabulous facilities before boarding the minivan for the return journey to Merida.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: it is recommended that you bring bottled water, a swimsuit and to wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza apply to children from 3 years old.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Admission fee into the archaeological site is NOT included, and will be payable upon entrance. This is governed by the local municipality and our Tour providers have no control over this.
- Please verify your near meeting point and schedule.
- Tour itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mayaland Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I would book every tour in Merida with Grayline if I could." See review