- Ghost walking tour of Memphis
- Hear chilling tales of the city's haunted heritage by a storyteller guide
- A guided tour of Alexander and Hazel's, said to be home to several spirits, is included
- See top city attractions including the Orpheum Theatre
Departure & Return
The tour ends at the Orpheum Theater, two blocks from the starting point.
What To Expect
Follow the expert storyteller guide through the town to discover Memphis in a completely different way than the regular tours—in search of its haunted places where a lesser-known history is uncovered.
See the Orpheum Theatre, one of the few remaining movie palaces of the 1920s and home of a ghost named Mary, who has haunted performances here since 1921; the John Alexander Austin House, a Victorian-era mansion said to be haunted by two lovers; the Gayoso House apartment building; and the location of Memphis' haunted piano.
Finally, receive a tour of the notorious Ernestine and Hazel's, well known as one of the most haunted buildings in Memphis. Take a look around this former brothel turned bar, which is home to several ghosts—and a haunted jukebox.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Within a few blocks there are four different parking garages, and several open-air parking lots. The closest garage to our location (just two blocks away) is at 149 Peabody Place between Second Street and BB King Blvd., next to the Hampton Inn. You can try your luck with on-street metered parking, too, on Second Street just south of Beale; on Beale between Front and Second; or along Peabody Place from Front to Fourth Street.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Backbeat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience