45 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
No trip to Melbourne is complete without a visit to the Shrine of Remembrance. This 75-minute guided tour takes you through the Sanctuary, Galleries, Balcony, and gardens of this sacred war memorial. Your guide will share fascinating stories about the design of the building and the lives of those it commemorates.
- Guide leads visitors to lesser-known spots and shares building secrets
- Take in stunning views of Melbourne and the memorial gardens
- Listen to compelling historical narrative with personal details
- Receive a 10% discount in the Shrine Gift Shop
Saved to wishlist!
All tour participants receive a 10% discount when making purchases from the Shrine Gift Shop.
All taxes, fees and handling charges
The Shrine does not have a cafe onsite, however cool drinks are available to purchase from the Shrine's Gift Shop
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Snacks (available for purchase)
Non-alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Shrine is wheelchair accessible except for the Balcony area.
- Shrine tours are not suited to people with mobility issues, wheelchairs, walking frames, or reliant on crutches.
- Shrine tours involve a moderate amount of walking including a large number of stairs.
- Shrine tour participants are requested to dress comfortably, yet respectfully. Comfortable, respectful clothing with a hat
- Walking shoes and a hat during the warmer months as some of the tour takes in some of the Shrine's exterior. Please note, as a sign of respect, hats should be removed in the Sanctuary.
- For those who upgrade to a Tour and a Tiffin, please supply any dietary requirements directly to the Shrine by email 24 hours prior to your tour.
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shrine of Remembrance
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Shrine Cultural Guided Tour in Melbourne
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesMelbourneAttractions & Museums - VictoriaMuseum Tickets & Passes - VictoriaAttractions & Museums - Yarra ValleyMuseum Tickets & Passes - Yarra ValleyAttractions & Museums - BallaratMuseum Tickets & Passes - BallaratCategory
Flagstaff GardensSt Patrick's CathedralArts Centre MelbourneSt Paul's CathedralMoonlit Sanctuary AAMI ParkComo House and GardenBrighton BeachHosier LaneMelbourne Star Observation WheelParliament House of VictoriaWilliamstownNational Sports MuseumLEGOLAND® Discovery Centre MelbourneShrine of RemembranceMelbourne ChinatownEureka Skydeck 88 Wilsons Promontory National ParkArtVoKings Domain