Don’t worry—here are some similar options
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Get a real taste of Melbourne on this 2-hour walking tour of the famous Queen Victoria Market, which dates back to the 19th-century. With a small group of no more than 12 people per guide, you’ll enjoy a personalised experience with your local guide, as you browse the myriad stalls and mingle with the locals. Enjoy tastings of delicious seasonal delicacies (included). Tasting will depend on what is fresh on the day, but typically include Coffin Bay Oysters, grilled peppered kangaroo, pickled octopus, local goats’ milk cheese, fresh dolmades and Victorian olives. Your tour ends with a famous hot jam doughnut from the iconic American Doughnut Kitchen.
- 2-hour walking tour of Queen Victoria Market
- Learn about Melbourne’s historical market and meet some of its vendors with an experienced local guide
- Taste local favorites like grilled peppered kangaroo, oysters, goat cheese, fresh dolmades and Victorian olives.
- Receive hints on selecting the best seasonal produce
- Food tastings, a Queen Victoria Market shopping bag and a glass of Victorian wine are included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 for a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
If you’re a budding chef or a foodie, this introduction to the historic Queen Victoria Market is for you! There are enough food halls, stalls and specialty shops to keep you occupied for hours after the tour.
Saved to wishlist!
Queen Victoria Market shopping bag
AU$5 Market voucher, valid at all Market stalls.
Coffee and/or Tea
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
65 Victoria St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Tour meeting point: 65 Victoria Street, Melbourne
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Queen Victoria Market
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingMelbourneFood Tours - VictoriaNature and Wildlife - VictoriaWalking Tours - VictoriaMarkets - VictoriaHistorical Tours - VictoriaFood Tours - Yarra ValleyNature and Wildlife - Yarra ValleyWalking Tours - Yarra ValleyMarkets - Yarra ValleyHistorical Tours - Yarra ValleyFood Tours - BallaratNature and Wildlife - BallaratWalking Tours - BallaratMarkets - BallaratHistorical Tours - BallaratCategory
Dandenong Ranges Tours & TicketsScienceworks Tours & TicketsWilsons Promontory National Park Tours & TicketsCooks' Cottage Tours & TicketsMelbourne Central Tours & TicketsSt Patrick's Cathedral Tours & TicketsAustralian Ballet Tours & TicketsImmigration Museum Tours & TicketsMoonlit Sanctuary Tours & TicketsMount Macedon Tours & TicketsSt Paul's Cathedral Tours & TicketsYarra River Tours & TicketsParliament House of Victoria Tours & TicketsCaulfield Racecourse Tours & TicketsRod Laver Arena Tours & TicketsOld Treasury Building Tours & TicketsMelbourne Regent Theatre Tours & TicketsComo House and Garden Tours & TicketsCarlton Brewhouse Tours & TicketsRoyal Exhibition Building Tours & Tickets