Explore our promoted experiences
- Private tour from Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road
- Travel along one of the world's greatest ocean drives
- Pass through the seaside towns of Anglesea, Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Witness the iconic Tweleve Apostles rising from the sea
- See Loch Ard Gorge and the shipwreck coast
- Freedom to choose when and where you stop
- Morning tea inlcuded
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Stop to stretch your legs on the sand and enjoy morning tea in the village of Lorne, and then continue on to the lovely resort town of Apollo Bay, where you’ll savor lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). At any point, you can request to make additional stops to suit your interests.
Sandy beaches give way to the emerald rain forest of Cape Otway National Park, which provides many opportunities to test your koala-spotting skills among groves of eucalyptus and beech trees. You’re also likely to encounter flocks of wild cockatoos and parrots throughout your journey.
As you head further west, the scenery becomes even more majestic with jagged cliffs plunging into the ocean. The drive comes to a dramatic climax at the site of Twelve Apostles — an offshore cluster of giant limestone pillars formed by millions of years of erosion. You’ll also visit the eye-popping Loch Ard Gorge, site of a notorious shipwreck in 1878, and learn why this perilous stretch of coastline is known as Australia’s ‘Shipwreck Coast.’
After soaking up the spectacular geologic history, relax on the 3-hour return drive to Melbourne. On the way back, you’ll take an inland route to see some of Victoria’s scenic countryside, including the dairy town of Colac.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers 4yrs and above
- Cruise ship passengers: please note you must be over-nighting in port due to return time variations
- Infants 0-3yrs please request car seat at time of booking
- This tour is available in English plus German, Italian, Spanish, (or Portuguese subject to availability) at an additional cost
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Oceania Tours and Safaris
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms