Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Martinborough wine region day trip from Wellington
- Enjoy wine tastings at award-winning vineyards
- Savour mouthwatering, local gourmet cuisine and an antipasto lunch
- Travel through the stunning countryside of the North Island
- Sample delicious cheese platter and sweet delights
Departure & Return
Arrive at the Wellington Railway Station 15-mins prior to your departure time. Present your voucher to the staff at the ticketing counters beside the restrooms and they will issue you with a return train ticket. Your driver will meet you at Featherston Station, the first stop after the long tunnel.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel to several boutique and award-winning tasting rooms where you meet some of the family winemakers behind the label. Your all-inclusive wine tour of the famed wine region of Martinborough includes wine tastings plus a delicious antipasto lunch in the quaint wine villa. Enjoy gourmet delights paired with a local cheese platter and coffee.
If time allows, explore village craft shops and galleries in the sleepy, rural town before you board your train for the return rail trip to Wellington.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years; photo ID may be required
- Minimum of 2 passengers required for tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hammonds Wellington Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "If you do want to buy the wines, best to buy at the wineries itself compared to others as MUCH cheaper unless you are shipping back home." See review