4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit one of Lhasa's highlights, the unmissable Potala Palace, the easy way on this small group tour. Your English-speaking guide will accompany you throughout the palace, explaining the cultural and historic significance of the enormous building. Enjoy panoramic views of Lhasa from the top, and be amazed by the solid architecture of the previous home of the Dalai Lamas.
- This activity is best enjoyed after you've acclimatized to Lhasa's altitude
- Hotel transfers are included from central Lhasa
- Learn about the palace from a local Tibetan guide
- Admire the significance of this deeply important place for Tibetan Buddhists
Saved to wishlist!
Tibet travel expert guide (Local Tibetan & English speaking)
1-3 pax by a shared car transfer to and from Potala (from Yak Hotel lobby)
4-12 pax by a shared van or mini bus to and from Potala (from Yak Hotel lobby)
Tourist accident/casualty insurance
Any further assistance of booking additional tours such as Yamdrok Lake or Gyantse/Shigatse trip
Potala Palace Admission fee (varies from free to CNY 100 or 200 per traveler)
Food and drinks
Tibet travel permits and additional tour sightseeing
Gratuities (5-15$ per guest to Tibetan guide and 3-10$ per guest to driver recommended but not compulsory)
Departure & Return
Departure PointYak Hotel lobby (nearby Dunya Restaurant, 5 mins walking to Jokhang Temple)
Pick up from Lhasa Yak Hotel lobby 1 hour before tickets scheduled time
Return DetailsYak Hotel lobby (nearby Dunya Restaurant, 5 mins walking to Jokhang Temple)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You receive instant confirmation if you book 5 days before Potala palace tour date with passport photo copy provided when booking
- 1-3 pax by shared car/taxi, 4-12 pax by shared tour van or mini tour bus
- All foreign travelers should have proper Tibet travel permits documents before entry to Tibet, if you do not have, please book the permits with a mini tour (See more details on Product code: 12288P55) or just contact the supplier.
- Please wear conservatively for Potala Palace: no shorts or skirt, no water bottles and no lighters allowed in.
- Original Passports and CNY tickets money needed.
- None foreign passports holders can also book this quality trip.
- Hotel pick up and drop off address is for the downtown located Yak Hotel lobby only, if your own hotel differs from this hotel, you will need to get to the Yak Hotel lobby 10 mins before an appointed time which is to be reconfirmed only half day in advance.
- Climbing up and down the Potala palace may take 2 hours, while the sightseeing time inside the Potala has to be according to the sightseeing regulations. Travelers needs to be ready before departure hour.
- To maximize your time value of the day, you can consider to book other short tour of Norbulinka-the summer palace of Dalai Lama.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tibet Ctrip Travel Service
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Highlight Tibet Potala Palace Tour with Tibet Travel Expert Guide
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLhasaHistorical Tours - TibetHistorical Tours - ThimphuHistorical Tours - ParoCategory