2 days (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
This two-day tour to Gyantse and Shigatse from Lhasa is the easy way to visit these must-see Tibetan cities. Your English-speaking local guide will tell you all about the history of these two important places, which are full of cultural sites such as temples and monasteries. On the comfortable overland journey, you’ll get the chance to see the beautiful Tibetan plains and mountains. Tour starts from and returns to Lhasa, for your convenience.
- One night’s accommodation and breakfast at a 3-star hotel are included
- Entrance fees are included
- Travel safely with a first-aid kit and oxygen canister for the altitude
- Receive personalized attention on a small-group tour
Saved to wishlist!
Small-group (2-12 persons)
1 night accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Shigatse
English-speaking Tibetan guide
Transportation by comfortable van or minibus with experienced local driver (gasoline is included)
Oxygen cylinder in the car (4L or 7L)
Liability travel insurance
Drinking water provided during the trip
Entrance fee of tourist sites
Single-supplement if you are a single traveler
Lunch and Dinner
Tibet Travel Permit (USD$50/person)
Airport/Train pickup and dropoff in Lhasa: USD50-USD80 per person based time. (via same operator)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Clients' Hotel in Lhasa downtown
See off point: Clients' Hotel in Lhasa downtown
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Book at least 20 days in advance so tour operator may attain your Tibet Permit. Tibet Permit will be delivered to customers' delivery address / hotel address in one city of China. Please note your tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- Notice: Customers' airport pick-up and drop-off in Lhasa need be arranged by tour supplier. If customers fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, please do not apply for China L Visa in advance, because customers need apply for their Tibet Group Visa from China Embassy in Kathmandu via travel agency. Before that, they need ask for invitation letter from tour supplier. If customers fly or take a train to Lhasa from one city of China, they need apply for their China L Visa from China Embassy in their country.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Price is based on double occupancy. Single room supplement is subject to availability and additional charge
- Travelers who got a Tibet Travel Permit from another travel agency cannot book this day tour
- Travelers are required to book multiple day tours from the same suppliers if their plan includes multiple destinations in Tibet
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Supplier may use transport by train in substitution for the vehicle
- Please arrange Lhasa arrival one day before your travel date and Lhasa departure one day after your travel date, because foreign travelers can not visit Tibet alone.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tibet Vista
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
2-Day Gyantse and Shigatse Tour from Lhasa
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingLhasaBus Tours - TibetOvernight Tours - TibetMulti-day Tours - TibetBus Tours - ThimphuOvernight Tours - ThimphuMulti-day Tours - ThimphuBus Tours - ParoOvernight Tours - ParoMulti-day Tours - ParoCategory