4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Sandboard down the slope of an active volcano during this 4-hour tour from León. After a 1-hour trek up the 2,382-foot (726-meter) Cerro Negro volcano, enjoy the spectacular views of the surrounding landscape. Get an orientation and some instruction from your expert adventure guide, then jump on a sandboard and shoot down the slope. Reach the bottom in less than a minute, with your heart in your throat and your adrenaline pumping. All equipment and round-trip transportation from León hotels are included.
- Zip down the slope of the Cerro Negro volcano on a sandboard
- Get an orientation and instruction about sandboarding from your local adventure guide
- See fantastic views of the surrounding landscape from your volcanic vantage point
- Hike to the top of the volcano for an hour and then spend an adrenaline-pumping minute sandboarding down
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Board, dress, gloves and glasses to protect you from the sand
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks. You will need 2 liter of water. You will be back in León for lunch time, but if you want you can bring a snack or some fruits.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY El Perezoso
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Cerro Negro and Volcano Sand Boarding from León?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cerro Negro and Volcano Sand Boarding from León?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cerro Negro and Volcano Sand Boarding from León?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "hour of hiking for 60 seconds of fun, and well worth it." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Cerro Negro and Volcano Sand Boarding from León
4 to 6 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeEco ToursHalf-day ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingLeón4WD Tours - GranadaSporting Events - GranadaNature and Wildlife - GranadaExtreme - GranadaEco Tours - GranadaHalf-day Tours - Granada4WD Tours - Playa HermosaSporting Events - Playa HermosaNature and Wildlife - Playa HermosaExtreme - Playa HermosaEco Tours - Playa HermosaHalf-day Tours - Playa Hermosa4WD Tours - Playa FlamingoSporting Events - Playa FlamingoNature and Wildlife - Playa FlamingoExtreme - Playa FlamingoEco Tours - Playa FlamingoHalf-day Tours - Playa FlamingoCategory