- Day Trip to Caño Negro
- Experience one of the nation's most biologically diverse wildlife reserves
- Spend a day having up close encounters with nature
- Enjoy expert commentary from a professional guide
- Round-trip hotel transport and lunch included
Departure & Return
White and blue building before the bridge ove the Habana river.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your friendly driver will collect you from your hotel and transport you in air-conditioned comfort to Los Chiles, about 1.5 hours away. This dynamic village near the Nicaraguan border is the starting point for your river exploration. The 2.5-hour floating safari through topical rain forest is led by a professional bilingual guide who will point out colorful bird species, a variety of monkeys and other wildlife unique to the area. After seeing one of the nation's most biologically diverse environments, you'll settle in for a traditional lunch that includes local coffee, fresh fruit and natural juices at the Rio Frio Restaurant.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Binoculars and camera suggested
- Sun lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arenal Adventures / Aventuras Arenal
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized