- Morning or afternoon trip to the Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow
- Guided walk through the salt mine
- Chapel of the Blessed Kinga
- Underground salt-mining exhibition
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Pickup and drop off from selected Krakow hotels
Departure & Return
Go to the big bus park at 7 Powisle street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow and look for coaches marked on both sides with "Cracow Tours". Please keep on eye out for this signage when awaiting your pickup. Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel through each unique chamber with your guide, learning the history behind the centuries-old salt mine. Hear the legend of the Hungarian princess, Kinga, whose dowry included the salt mines when she married Boleslaw the Shy over 700 years ago. Explore the ornate Chapel of the Blessed Kinga, with altarpieces and chandeliers made from natural salt deposits, and visit an underground salt-mining exhibition.
The last stop on your visit to the mine is the souvenir shop and snack bar. From here, shoot back up to the surface in a high-speed lift, where you will be returned to your Krakow hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- DEPARTURE TIME You are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the pickup time and pickup point on
- DEPARTURE POINT Choice of pickup from our main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow, or selected hotels all over Krakow. If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow. Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- PICKUP SERVICE Our pickup service is available from selected hotels all over Krakow. Depending on the location of the hotel, the pickup service will be between 30–50 minutes before the tour departure time. Please enquire at your hotel reception desk regarding the pickup time and the possibility of a pickup. Please note: pickups can only be guaranteed if you book 24-hours in advance.
- RETURN DETAILS Original departure point.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION • All customers are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the time of departure. • The tour does not include the lift that takes you down. • Wieliczka Salt Mine tour is not recommended for participants with walking disabilities (there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start) and for participants with claustrophobia. • The guided walk through Wieliczka Salt Mine consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of pathways. Visitors entering the Wieliczka Salt Mine descend a 380-step staircase to Level 1 (64 meters below ground level). This walk is not strenuous and can be undertaken in ordinary footwear, however we ask you consider the walk and 380-step staircase when booking this tour. The return to the surface will be by lift up the Danilowicz Shaft, from Level 3 (135 meters below ground level). • The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn. • The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the main cannot exceed dimensions: 35x20x20 cm. • Children must be accompanied by an adult. • Not wheelchair accessible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intercrac
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff