Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the deep waters off Kaikoura by speedy catamaran with your guide
- Sightings of native sperm whales in their natural environment
- Live commentary sheds light on the whales’ habits and life-cycle
- 80% refund if you don’t see a whale on your tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Whale Watch Kaikoura is located on Whaleway Station Road just a short walk or drive from the town centre - our office is based at the Old Railway Station. Address: Whale Watch Kaikoura Whaleway Station Road Kaikoura 7300
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tours operate all year: 7.15am, 10.00am, 12.45pm & 3.30pm (Nov-Mar)—Please note that these are check-in times only - please do not come earlier than the times specified.
- The minimum age limit for children traveling on a whale watch tour is 3yrs+, although Whale Watch Kaikōura maintains the right to raise the age limit depending on sea and weather conditions at the time of check-in.
- All our tour are subject to favourable weather & sea conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Whale Watch staff constantly monitor the weather and respond professionally to any changes. This may mean a tour is cancelled or safety restrictions placed on children or passengers with medical problems. Passenger comfort and safety is always our priority. Passengers travelling to join us on the day of their tour are strongly advised to telephone the FREEPHONE number 0800 655 121 for a sea conditions update.
- Dress warmly and wear flat shoes. If you wish to spend time on the outside decks of our vessels you may need light waterproof clothing depending on the sea conditions.
- Don't let sea sickness ruin your whale watch tour experience. Purchase motion sickness pills to help prevent sea sickness, car sickness, or any type of travel sickness from our Retail Store before you travel.
- The actual time on the water is up to 2.5 hours. Including check-in time, safety briefing and bus transfers you should allow 3.5 hours in total.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- If travelling in a wheelchair please contact us prior to arrival so we can provide additional details and advise how we can assist you
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Whale Watch Kaikoura Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "This was not the case as you are required to be seated the whole time the boat is moving and there is really nothing to see but water!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews