8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Venture into the 13th-century streets of Jakarta, formerly Batavia, accompanied by a private guide who sheds light on its Dutch colonial history. You’ll explore Glodok, Indonesia’s oldest Chinatown, characterized by winding lanes and red-tiled roofs. See multiple attractions including the Chinese temple Jin De Yuan and the Dutch drawbridge, and stroll through Fatahillah Square and the Jalan Surabaya flea market. Visit the Wayang Museum for a look at kulit shadow puppets, stop by Sunda Kelapa Harbor, and view cultural artifacts at the National Museum of Indonesia.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Step back in time on a history tour
Saved to wishlist!
Share Hotel pickup and drop-off at Hotels in central Jakarta (North, East, South, West only)
Food and drinks
Transfers from and to Hotels that are located outside of Jakarta are not included
Transfers from and to the harbor (supplements apply)
Harbor entrance fees are not included and supplements may apply
Departure & Return
Departure PointCentrally located Jakarta hotels
Return DetailsCentrally located Jakarta hotels
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: The Old Batavia Trail from Jakarta?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: The Old Batavia Trail from Jakarta?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: The Old Batavia Trail from Jakarta?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: The Old Batavia Trail from Jakarta?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursMarketsHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingJakartaFood Tours - West JavaBus Tours - West JavaMarkets - West JavaHistorical Tours - West JavaFull-day Tours - West JavaFood Tours - SurabayaBus Tours - SurabayaMarkets - SurabayaHistorical Tours - SurabayaFull-day Tours - SurabayaFood Tours - BanyuwangiBus Tours - BanyuwangiMarkets - BanyuwangiHistorical Tours - BanyuwangiFull-day Tours - BanyuwangiCategory