11 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Enjoy a day full of wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife, all within reach of Hobart. Start with a series of short walks around Russell Falls and Lake Dobson in Mt Field National Park, located just 90 minutes drive from Hobart. Enjoy lunch in a scenic location within the park, then head to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary see native Australian wildlife up close, including Tasmanian devils, koalas and wombats. As you return to Hobart, top off your day with sweeping views over the city from the summit of Mount Wellington.
- Explore the Mt. Field National Park (4 hrs)
- Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls (easy grade 40 mins)
- Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
- Be amazed along the Tall Trees Track (easy grade 30 mins)
- Enjoy the unique Alpine area along the Pandani Grove Track (easy grade 40 mins)
- Photograph the spectacular alpine Lake Dobson
- Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Enjoy the ferocious action of a Tassie Devil Feeding
- Hand feed the wallabies
- Stand atop Kunanyi (Mt. Wellington 1271m) for amazing views across Southern Tasmania
Saved to wishlist!
Professional guides and interpretive walks
Small, friendly groups
National Park entrance Fee's
Wildlife Park entrance fee's
We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on tour)
We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
• Hotel pick ups are scheduled between 7.00am - 7.25am from select hotels and hostels in the central city area (tour departs Hobart at 7.30am)
• Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to your departure
• If pick up has not been arranged, our general pick up point is 7.25am at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre (20 Davey Street, Hobart)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from most central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours Tasmania
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mt Field National Park Active Day-Trip Including Bonorong and Mt Wellington?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mt Field National Park Active Day-Trip Including Bonorong and Mt Wellington?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mt Field National Park Active Day-Trip Including Bonorong and Mt Wellington?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Mt Field National Park Active Day-Trip Including Bonorong and Mt Wellington
11 hours 30 minutes
10 hours 30 minutes
11 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHobartBus Tours - TasmaniaNature and Wildlife - TasmaniaWalking Tours - TasmaniaFull-day Tours - TasmaniaBus Tours - MelbourneNature and Wildlife - MelbourneWalking Tours - MelbourneFull-day Tours - MelbourneBus Tours - Yarra ValleyNature and Wildlife - Yarra ValleyWalking Tours - Yarra ValleyFull-day Tours - Yarra ValleyCategory
Parliament House Tours & TicketsHobart Runnymede Tours & TicketsMoorilla Winery Tours & TicketsSullivan's Cove Tours & TicketsHobart Salamanca Market Tours & TicketsSouth Hobart Tours & TicketsMt. Wellington (Kunanyi) Tours & TicketsMawson's Hut Replica Museum Tours & TicketsMacquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port) Tours & TicketsHobart Sandy Bay Tours & TicketsBonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tours & TicketsMount Field National Park Tours & TicketsMuseum of Old and New Art (Mona) Tours & TicketsCascades Female Factory Historic Site Tours & TicketsTasmanian Museum and Art Gallery Tours & TicketsQueens Domain Tours & TicketsRoyal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens Tours & TicketsRichmond Gaol Tours & TicketsTasmanian Devil Unzoo (Taranna Wildlife Park) Tours & TicketsNorth Hobart Tours & Tickets