6 hours (Approx.)
Good for avoiding crowds
Maximize your chances of seeing whales, and getting close to them, on this guided tour from Hervey Bay. In a small group of no more than 20 people, head out into the water in search of whales. Jump into the water for some snorkeling and, with luck, the whales will decide to swim close to you.
- Maximize your chances of seeing whales
- Get insights into whale behavior from your guide
- Includes morning tea, lunch, snorkeling gear, and wetsuits
- Have the unique experience of snorkeling close to whales
Saved to wishlist!
Swim with whales (when conditions permit)
Up-close whale encounter
Snorkeling gear and wetsuits are provided
Guaranteed whale sightings
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Dive Office Boat Club marina, Jetty St, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
Enter the marina via the gate next to the fuel station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We champion a strict Code of Practice when interacting with the whales. The key component to this agreement, and a core philosophy of ours, is “on the whales terms”. In short this means we only interact with whales that are happy for us to do so.
- We guarantee whale sightings (seeing a whale from the vessel) between 1st August and 14th October. In the unlikely event that the skipper cannot locate a whale during this period you will be offered a full refund or free return ticket.
- Children under 8 years are not permitted to swim with the whales and a parental guardian must remain with them on the vessel. If 2 guardians are present they can interchange between the vessel and swimming when conditions permit. The tour is not suitable for children under 4 years.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hervey Bay Dive Centre
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Hervey Bay Whale Swim and Watch
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHervey BayNature and Wildlife - QueenslandWhale Watching - QueenslandNature and Wildlife - Noosa & Sunshine CoastWhale Watching - Noosa & Sunshine CoastNature and Wildlife - Gold CoastWhale Watching - Gold CoastCategory