- 2-day tour of Fraser Island by pink 4WD with dormitory style accommodation, from Hervey Bay
- See the rainforest and sand dunes among diverse microclimates on Fraser Island
- Cool off in the clear waters of Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby Eli Creek
- Enjoy cruising down Seventy-Five Mile Beach in your 4WD vehicle to visit the picturesque Maheno shipwreck and colorful Pinnacles
- Stay overnight on Fraser Island
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Enjoy exploring the island’s highlights during your 2-day excursion with private accommodation. Your group travels in up to four 4WD vehicles with your professional guide driving the first vehicle; you and group members take turns driving the other vehicles.
At the end of an adventurous day, head to a relaxing beach house located along Seventy-Five Mile beach for hot showers and comfortable beds. Your trip includes all transportation, accommodation and an expert guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to note:
- Tour departs Hervey Bay Tuesdays and Thursdays
- You will receive an information email 2 days before departure, this is how everything is organised for the tour. Make sure you answer it!
- No off-road driving experience necessary, you will be briefed and shown the correct methods. There is no pressure to drive, you are more than welcome to be a passenger!
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license (automatic transmission)
- Driver safety briefing 7:30am the morning of departure (no pick-ups provided for this briefing)
- Passengers only need to be a minimum of 18 years of age (tour not appropriate for children)
- Passenger only? Meeting at 08:30am if you are driving your own car to our office (free parking!), or pick ups available from 8:30am from: AUSSIE WOOLSHED, FLASHPACKERS HOSTEL
- Returns approx 6:15pm on the second day
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures. Our guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger's safety and comfort
- You will be stopping by the shops at 09:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space in the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $10.
- If less than two vehicles on the tour, the lead guide is the only person legally allowed to drive the vehicle. Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to depart.
- What to bring:
- Hat, sunnies, sunscreen
- Re-usable water bottle
- Little backpack with clothes for 2 days (check the weather prior to the tour!), toiletries, swimmers & towel
- Sleeping Bag essential (or hire a "sleep tight pack" for $15 (sleeping bag, under sheet, & includes a free tote bag you can keep!)
- Bluetooth speaker, camera, phone charger
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- Big smile & sense of adventure!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Fraser Island 4WD Tag-Along Tour at Beach House from Hervey Bay.