- Full-day adventure to the Pacaya Volcano from Guatemala City
- Hike to the top of Pacaya with your expert guide and admire close-up views of the active volcano
- Admire picturesque views of the Fuego, Agua and Acatenango volcanoes
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
The 2.5-hour hike to the top of Pacaya is easy enough for the novice trekker and still challenging enough to feel like a workout. Viewpoints along the way offer up incredible panoramic landscapes that include nearby Agua, Fuego and Acatenango volcanoes. Your guide will share stories and history about this incredible volcano as you make your way to the top, pointing out vegetation and wildlife as you hike.
Once you reach the top you’ll be able to marvel at incredible views and take an up close look at red-hot lava flowing in the volcano’s crater. You’ll have some time to relax in the rocky terrain before making your way back to the volcano’s base with your guide. Complimentary round-trip hotel transport is included in this tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The tourist guide （ I forgot his name) come to hotel on time at 8:00AM on 3/8/20 ." See review