11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Ideal for adventurous travelers, this half-day tour combines nature and adrenaline with volcano boarding on Cerro Negro and a boat tour of the wildlife-filled Isla Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve. Round-trip transport from León, Granada, or Managua; volcano boarding equipment; and a guide to accompany you along the way ensures a seamless, stress-free experience.
- Explore the natural beauty of northwest Nicaragua on this guided tour
- Zip down the ashy slopes of Cerro Negro volcano on a board
- Spot birds, crocodiles, turtles, and iguanas on Juan Venado Island
- A guide shares tips on volcano boarding and information about local wildlife
Saved to wishlist!
Bilingual Tour Guide
Fees to atractions mentioned above
Services not listed on the itinerary
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Tour Guide Gratuities
Departure & Return
KM 9 1/2 Carretera a Masaya, Managua, Nicaragua
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- What to Bring?
- Appropriate Clothing
- Proper Shoes
- Rain Jacket (On Winter)
- Bottle of Water
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Next Adventure Nicaragua
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cerro Negro Volcano Boarding & Boat Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Cerro Negro Volcano Boarding & Boat Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cerro Negro Volcano Boarding & Boat Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Cerro Negro Volcano Boarding & Boat Tour
2 hours 35 minutes
4 hours 20 minutes
3 hours 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGranadaBus Tours - LeónFull-day Tours - LeónBus Tours - Playa HermosaFull-day Tours - Playa HermosaBus Tours - LiberiaFull-day Tours - LiberiaCategory