- Morning kayak tour to South Stradbroke Island
- Keep an eye out for dolphins, turtles and whales as you paddle
- Enjoy breakfast on a secluded island
- Stroll along the beach and look for wildlife such as golden wallabies
- Snorkel in the warm waters off of Wavebreak Island
- Instruction and use of kayaks, snorkeling gear and safety equipment included
Departure & Return
If you have own transport, please wait at tables next to the toilets of Charis Seafoods, Harley Park Boat Ramp. This is located across the road from The Grand Hotel, Marine Parade Labrador. The tour guide will arrive in a mini bus with Australian Kayaking Adventures on it.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Receive a safety briefing, paddling instruction and all necessary gear, then launch your kayak into the calm waters of the Broadwater channel. Paddle to two nearby islands, keeping an eye out for turtles, fish, dolphins and stingrays along the way. Pelicans and sea eagles soar through the air, and if you visit between May and November, you might get lucky and see migrating humpback whales.
Step out of your kayak on the beach and enjoy a delicious picnic breakfast. Have some time to snorkel at Wavebreak Island with the provided snorkel gear. At South Stradbroke Island, you can take a walk on the renowned surfing beach and look for wild golden wallabies — native to this island and not found anywhere else in Australia.
At the end of your half-day kayak tour, your guide leads you back to the mainland where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under, children under 16 years must be with a adult.
- The tour requires a low to medium physical activity: not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions
- Please bring: water, wear swimwear, sunglasses, footwear that can get wet (eg. thongs, sandals), hat, towel and sunblock
- Everyone on this tour must be wearing a lifejacket. If you don't know how to swim, please notify the tour guide and wear your lifejacket at all times
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Australian Kayaking Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Half Day Dolphin Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour.