Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy a revitalizing swim in Lake McKenzie and relax on the sandy white beaches of this postcard perfect lake
- Float down Eli Creek, a fast-flowing freshwater creek that pours into the ocean
- Drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach to see the technicolor sand cliffs of the Pinnacles and S.S. Maheno shipwreck
- Take an optional scenic flight over the island (own expense)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Marina Kiosk (Whale Watch Tourist Centre) 1 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan at 7:30AM. Arrive 10-min before pickup time. If you wish to change your pickup, ctc the operator on 1800678431 or +6174194 9300 48-hrs prior to departure.
Meeting at the Shell Petrol Station Rainbow Beach at 7:45 AM. Please arrive 10-minutes before the pickup time. If you wish to change your pickup location, please contact the local operator on 1800 678 431 or +61 7 4194 9300 at least 48-hours prior to the tour departure.
What To Expect
Get an early start with pickup at a central meeting point, then catch the ferry to Fraser Island. Upon arrival, travel in an air-conditioned 4WD coach across the rough roads and sandy beaches of this World Heritage-listed sand island.
Among the highlights, visit picture-perfect Lake McKenzie to take a dip in its clear water or lounge on its white–sand beach. Admire the crystal clear waters of Wanggoolba Creek, located in Central Station, the former headquarters for the island's timber industry. Walk through a rain forest valley with ancient king ferns, towering ghost gum, and pine trees.
On Seventy-Five Mile Beach, drive down the sandy beach and look for birds of prey and migrating humpback whales (July–November). An optional Fraser Island scenic flight is available there (own expense). The coach meets the plane when it lands further down the beach.
Stop at two iconic destinations: the colored sand cliffs of the Pinnacles and the Maheno shipwreck—wrecked during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935. Hear from your guide about local aboriginal legends and the geology behind the technicolor sand formations. Throughout the day, your guide shares informative commentary about the history, flora, and fauna of the island.
Pull into a beach resort for a tasty buffet lunch and catch the ferry back to River Heads in the late afternoon. Your tour ends with drop-off in Hervey Bay.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and swimwear
- Audio guide app available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese and Chinese
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Recommended for guests to bring their own front-facing infant seats. Limited child seats are available at an additional charge on request.
- Please note we do not carry children under the age of 1 and no refund will be given.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY K'gari Explorer Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Definitely recommend for first visitors to Fraser Island and someone who has no confidence to drive in sand road like me 😊" See review
- "Lunch was good, with a variety of salads, perhaps a better selection of desert would be appreciated." See review
- "Not only he could drive the sandy roads of Fraser Island (safe but like a racing driver= lots of fun), he knows a mit about the plants, the animals and the stories of the indigenous people." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews