4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the natural wonders of Lake Mapourika on this 4-hour kayaking adventure. Paddle around the lake against a backdrop of the Franz Josef Glacier, head ashore for a hike around the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary, and learn more about New Zealand’s famous Kiwi birds.
- 4-hour Lake Mapourika Kayak and Hike adventure
- Paddle around Lake Mapourika on a kayak and enjoy views of the Franz Josef Glacier
- Easy level tour suitable for participants of average fitness
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Coffee and/or Tea
Meals (please pack your own small snack or lunch)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Waiho 7886, New Zealand
Please be here 15 minutes early.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum child age is 4 years
- Wear loose comfortable clothing, jeans are not recommended. We do our best to keep you dry.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Franz Josef Wilderness Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during 4-hour Lake Mapourika Kayak and Hike adventure, with Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 4-hour Lake Mapourika Kayak and Hike adventure, with Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 4-hour Lake Mapourika Kayak and Hike adventure, with Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
4-hour Lake Mapourika Kayak and Hike adventure, with Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWalking ToursKayakingWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingFranz Josef & Fox GlacierNature and Wildlife - South IslandWalking Tours - South IslandKayaking - South IslandCategory