1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Learn about the New Zealand native bird, the kiwi, with admission to the Franz Josef Wildlife Center. Tour the largest kiwi hatching facility on the South Island and opt to include a Backstage Pass Tour, where you'll get 30 minutes of access behind the scenes. Your ticket also includes access to the West Coast storytelling areas and an interactive glacier exhibition. Buy your passes in advance to guarantee your admission to this popular attraction, great for all weather and all times of year.
- Family-friendly activity
- Perfect for a rainy days all year around
- See the rare Rowi kiwi up-close
- Entrance fees to the Franz Josef Wildlife Center
Saved to wishlist!
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Free car parking
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Main attraction is wheelchair friendly, but backstage pass tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Photography is restricted inside the kiwi nocturnal house but available on the kiwi backstage pass tour
- Proof of age require if purchasing a senior ticket (over 65 years of age)
- Cafe with food and coffee available to purchase. All major credit cards accepted
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Franz Josef Wildlife Centre
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line: Franz Josef Wildlife Center Ticket with Optional Backstage Pass?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line: Franz Josef Wildlife Center Ticket with Optional Backstage Pass?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesFranz Josef & Fox GlacierNature and Wildlife - South IslandAttractions & Museums - South IslandCategory