Explore our promoted experiences
- 20-minute helicopter flight over Franz Joseph Glacier or Fox Glacier
- Hover above crevasses and towering ice formations
- Land in the snowfield atop a glacier and breathe in alpine air
- Capture views of the Southern Alps and soaring Mt Cook (Aoraki)
Departure & Return
What To Expect
With its ability to hover and land, the twin-engine helicopter is an ideal way to gain access to some of the most remote regions of the Southern Alps. The open cabin ensures excellent viewing of the panorama before you, as you lift off toward New Zealand’s most famous glaciers.
The helicopter takes you up close to towering peaks and crevasse-filled frozen waterways. Learn about the pristine ice-blue landscape as your professional pilot delivers informative commentary before landing in the snowfield at the top. Step out into a winter wonderland with views of Mt Cook/Aoraki, which reaches an elevation of 12,217 feet (3,724 meters).
Then re-board the helicopter for the ride back to the tour base.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures. Moderate fitness is required.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands