Explore our promoted experiences
- 40-minute helicopter flight with snow landing on Franz Josef Glacier
- See views of Aoraki/Mt Cook and Tasman Glacier from the summit
- Soar over the Southern Alps and the Murchison Glacier valley
- Listen to fascinating commentary from the pilot
Departure & Return
What To Expect
From your vantage point in the air, discover the vast expanse of Franz Josef and Fox glaciers. You’ll get up close to towering peaks and crevasses, and learn about the alpine wonderland of the Murchison Glacier valley, as your pilot delivers expert commentary en route.
Then descend onto a snowfield with a helicopter landing at around 7,000 feet (2,134 meters), and walk along the main divide, which offers panoramic views of Aoraki/Mt Cook and Tasman Glacier.
Back in the air, continue down toward the coastal rainforests bordering the Tasman Sea before returning to the tour base.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, Children weighing less than 15kgs are required to sit on a parents lap.
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures. Moderate fitness is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands