Explore our promoted experiences
- Franz Josef helicopter tour
- See the glacier from the air
- Panoramic views of the ice
- Land in a glacial snowfield
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Main Street of Town Address: Located in the townships of Franz Josef Glacier on the Main Street though town - Main South Road, SH6 Dates: Daily
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 04:30 PM|
What To Expect
Lift off above the Franz Josef Glacier, which stretches through Westland Tai Poutini National Park, with thick forest that creeps to the edge of the ice. Mid-way through the flight, the pilot touched down on part of the glacier snowfield, in a location that could otherwise be reached only with specialized equipment and mountaineering guides. After time to snap some photos and enjoy the view, return to the helicopter for the flight back to Franz Josef township, where this tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- We recommend you bring along warm clothes, sunglasses, sturdy footwear, your camera and a sense of adventure!
- For safety reasons, we do not allow selfie sticks, drones, flammable liquids, lighters, iPads/ tablets and bags of any description on any of our flights.
- We fly all year round, weather permitting. Please note: On Christmas, we only operate for half the day (9 am - 12 pm).
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Glacier Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "The flights are subject to the weather conditions so it helps if you can be flexible." See review