- 30-minute helicopter tour of two glaciers
- See Westland Tai Poutini National Park from above
- Fly over Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier
- Touch down in a snowfield
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Departure & Return
Departure PointFox Glacier, Fox Glacier, Westland Tai Poutini National Park, West Coast Region, South Island
Departure Point: Glacier Helicopters, Main South Road, SH6, Fox Glacier Address: Located in the township of Fox Glacier on the Main Street though town - Main South Road, SH6 Dates: Daily
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
You’ll see ice falls and rock falls from above, and get aerial views of the glacier’s path down the valley. Keep flying towards Franz Josef Glacier—the glacier was named after the then-Emperor of Austria when a German explorer spotted it in 1865—and touch down on a snowfield to throw some glacier snowballs and take the selfies of a lifetime.
Take to the air again for the return flight to Fox Glacier, where this tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- We recommend you bring along warm clothes, sunglasses, sturdy footwear, your camera and a sense of adventure!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- For safety reasons, we do not allow selfie sticks, drones, flammable liquids, lighters, iPads/ tablets and bags of any description on any of our flights.
- We fly all year round, weather permitting. Please note: On Christmas, we only operate for half the day (9 am - 12 pm).
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Glacier Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use