Explore our promoted experiences
- Cruise the waters of Milford Sound
- Mitre Peak towering high above the fiord
- See dolphins and seals in their natural environment
- Optional lunch included (if selected at time of booking)
Departure & Return
What To Expect
While you cruise along the southern side of Milford Sound out to the Tasman Sea and return up the northern side, your crew describes the natural features such as Bowen Falls and Stirling Falls that descend from towering slopes into the serene waters of the deep fiord, nestled in World Heritage–listed Fiordland National Park. See points of interest like Seal Point and snap postcard-worthy pics of Mitre Peak, which reaches a height of 5,551 feet (1,692 meters).
Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee on board, and dig into a provided lunch (if option selected) before your cruise ends at Milford Wharf.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passengers please advise country of origin at the time of booking
- Car Parking: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the main carpark to the Milford Sound Visitor Centre. Alternatively, you can park free of charge at Deepwater Basin Carpark and walk over to Freshwater Basin to the Cruise Terminal. This walk is approximately 30 minutes in duration, so additional time will need to be allocated in order to do this comfortably and arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your cruise for check-in.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Leave really early such as 6:30 to avoid the crowds." See review