Explore our promoted experiences
- Marvel at the UNESCO-listed landscapes of Milford Sound in the Fiordland National Park
- Cruise along the fjord and along the Tasman Sea coast
- Admire natural wonders such as Mitre Peak, Bowen Falls, and Mount Pembroke
- Spot native wildlife such as fur seals, dusky dolphins, and Fiordland crested penguins
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Small boat tour ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Milford Sound Visitor Centre
What To Expect
Climb onto your boat’s viewing platform to get a better view of the local wildlife, including colonies of fur seals, pods of dusky dolphins, and the rare Fiordland crested penguins. As you continue towards the Tasman Sea coast, pass beneath the distinctive 5,551-foot (1,692 meter) mountain of Mitre Peak, one of New Zealand’s most photographed landmarks.
As you turn back into Milford Sound, see the dramatic approach witnessed by the first settlers at the end of the 18th-century, and hear stories about their journey from your guide’s live on-board commentary. Cruise back to shore and head back to the Milford Sound Visitor Centre, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check in is 30 minutes before departure time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mitre Peak Cruises
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Weather not the best with rain and quite cold but this made the scenery even more dramatic." See review