3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the natural beauty and wildlife of the Milford Sound on a cruise that includes admission to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory. Choose from several options for your cruise, depending on the amount of time you have available and the level of detail you desire. Get close to towering rock walls and waterfalls, and see the aquatic world through the windows of the observatory. Lunch, as well as onboard coffee and tea are included with all cruise options.
- The most in depth cruise experience in Milford Sound
- Milford Sound Underwater Observatory admission ticket provided
- Complimentary tea and coffee, as well as lunch included with all cruise options
- Suitable for visitors of all ages
Saved to wishlist!
Milford Sound Nature Cruise
Freshly prepared Picnic Lunch
Visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
Complimentary tea and coffee on board the boat
Alcoholic drinks, snacks and bottled water (available to purchase)
Transportation to/from attractions
On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours.
Departure & Return
Southern Discoveries - Milford Sound Visitor Centre , Freshwater Basin, Milford Sound Highway 94, Milford Sound 9679, New ZealandThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Commentary in English only, translation sheets on cruise highlights are provided on board cruise
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Car Parking: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the main carpark to the Milford Wharf Visitor Centre. Alternatively, you can park free of charge at Deepwater Basin Carpark and walk over to Freshwater Basin to the Cruise Terminal. This walk is approximately 30 minutes in duration, so additional time will need to be allocated in order to do this comfortably and arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your cruise for check-in.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Factor extra time (~10 mins) to walk from carpark to wharf." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch
1 hour 45 minutes
12 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 15 minutes
12 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursDay CruisesFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingFiordland & Milford SoundWater Tours - South IslandDay Cruises - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCategory