4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Benefit from clear views of the southern sky at night on a star-gazing tour on the Otago Peninsula. Depart from Dunedin and head to Sandfly Bay and a rural farm. Your guide shares Māori stories about the celestial bodies, and serves up a light supper with hot beverages. When the conditions are right, this part of the rural coast is ideal for viewing the Southern Lights (Aurora Australis).
- View the night sky with provided binoculars and tips from the guide
- Stay warm with the refreshments such as coffee, tea, and light snacks
- Hear about the Māori perspective on the stars
- Hotel pickup and drop-off offered from select hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We collect from some centrally located accommodations. Or from Dunedin I-Site in the Octagon. Drop off back at accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Horizon Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Southern Skies Stargazing Tour in Dunedin?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
Southern Skies Stargazing Tour in Dunedin
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 5 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Night ToursBus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingDunedin & The Otago PeninsulaNight Tours - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCategory
Royal Albatross Centre Tours & TicketsGlenfalloch Woodland Gardens Tours & TicketsMcLean Falls Tours & TicketsToitu Otago Settlers Museum Tours & TicketsSt. Paul's Cathedral Tours & TicketsBaldwin Street Tours & TicketsTaieri Gorge Railway Tours & TicketsDunedin Tours & TicketsDunedin Cruise Port (Port Chalmers) Tours & TicketsOtago Museum Tours & Tickets