1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Bird and wildlife enthusiasts shouldn’t miss this cruise in the Otago Harbour. You don’t have to travel far from the city to get out into the wilderness, as the Otago Peninsula is home to a vast array of wildlife. Spot royal albatross, fur seals, sea lions, blue penguins, cormorants, and more, and learn all about them and their habitat from the crew. Dress warm, as the weather is often cold and blustery here, but this is good wildlife-spotting weather, as the albatross in particular like the wind.
- You may see dolphins, as well as lots of other wildlife
- Binoculars and warm, waterproof jackets will be available to use
- A quick and easy trip from Dunedin, so ideal for travelers short on time
- Learn more about New Zealand’s native flora and fauna
Saved to wishlist!
Complimentary warm & waterproof jackets
Use of high quality binoculars
Departure & Return
813 Harington Point Road, Otakou 9077, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Contact us if you are concerned about mobility or in a wheelchair
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Monarch Wildlife Cruises & Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Monarch Wildlife Cruise
3 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeSafarisWater ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingDunedin & The Otago PeninsulaNature and Wildlife - South IslandSafaris - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandCategory
Royal Albatross Centre Tours & TicketsDunedin Tours & TicketsGlenfalloch Woodland Gardens Tours & TicketsDunedin Cruise Port (Port Chalmers) Tours & TicketsMcLean Falls Tours & TicketsOtago Museum Tours & TicketsToitu Otago Settlers Museum Tours & TicketsTaieri Gorge Railway Tours & TicketsBaldwin Street Tours & TicketsSt. Paul's Cathedral Tours & Tickets