9 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get access to an incredible encounter with marine life, on this ultimate snorkel with sharks encounter in Fiji. It's the ultimate hassle-free day with a full itinerary organized for you—you are picked up from your hotel, and then taken by boat to Kuata Island. This tour is suitable for all skill levels, including first-time snorkelers, and you get a full safety briefing. After an amazing shark encounter, a delicious lunch is included too.
- Visit Fiji’s Kuata Island and get the chance to snorkel with sharks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Pack light—snorkeling equipment is provided
- Stress-free day with delicious lunch included
Saved to wishlist!
Return coach transfers from most Nadi, Denarau and Wailoaloa hotels and resorts to Port Denarau.
Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard the vessel.
Full Use of Barefoot Kuata Resort facilities.
All snorkeling equipment and buoyancy aids if required
Lunch at Barefoot Kuata Resort (vegetarian option available on request)
Guided Ultimate Encounters snorkeling with sharks experience
Return scenic cruise to Kuata Island
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Diving (available to purchase)
Massage (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointDenarau Island, Denarau Island, Viti Levu
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary coach transfers are provided to/from most of the Nadi/Denarau & Wailoaloa resorts. Should you miss the complimentary coach transfer, you will need to find your own way to/from Port. Denarau at your own cost. Please check with your hotel concierge for the exact pick-up time.
* Fiji Gateway Hotel / Trans International Hotel - Bus bay outside Fiji Gateway Hotel
* Nadi Downtown Backpackers - Courtesy transfer to be confirmed at time of booking
* Ratsun Nadi Airport Apartment Hotel - Bus bay in front of the hotel
* Grand Melanesian Hotel - Bus bay in front of the hotel
* Mercure Hotel Nadi - Bus bay outside of hotel
* Hexagon International Hotel / Capricorn Hotel Nadi / Travellers Apartments - Bus bay in front of the RB Jetpoint Shopping Complex.
* Nadi Bay Resort / Nalagi Hote - 7:40am guests depart from Nadi Bay Resort. South Sea Cruises guests to meet coach at bus stop opposite Nadi Bay Resor
* Club Fiji / Oasis Palms - All South Sea Cruises transfers will be by shared transfer to
Nadi Bay Resort to meet coach transfer to Port Denarau at 7:15am
* Bamboo Travellers Beach / Beach Escape Villas / Bamboo Bluewater Lodge / Aquarius on the Beach / Smugglers Cove / Ramada Suites by Wyndham / New Town Beach Motel - Please wait for your transfer outside Ramada Suites by Wyndham
- Nadi Intl Airport, Nadi, Viti Levu Fiji
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Is it safe?
- Yes. You’ll be provided with safety instruction from our experienced guides who’ve spent hundreds of hours getting to know our resident school of sharks. Our guides will be in the water with you the entire time and will closely monitor the sharks behaviour to ensure your safety.
- What type of sharks will I see?
- There are two main species of sharks encountered, White Tip Reef Sharks and Black Tip Reef Sharks, both are common in the tropical warm waters of the South Pacific. Each species can grow to a length of just over 1.5 metres although under the water they appear 25% larger, a snorkeling face mask optical illusion. White Tips are the dominant species and are by nature an inquisitive shark not frightened to check you out. Their Black Tip relatives are by contrast timid and will shy away if they feel threatened.
- How many sharks will I see?
- Numbers vary but it is common to see up to six sharks.
- How deep is the water?
- Both Black Tip and White Tip Reef Sharks prefer shallower waters making snorkeling easy with good visibility. It’s even possible to see the sharks from our boat before entering the water. Water depth varies between 4 - 6 metres depending on the tide.
- What if I’m not a good swimmer, haven’t snorkeled before or don’t want to snorkel but my travelling companion does?
- Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers and because these sharks prefer shallow waters there’s no necessity to dive under the water to secure a thrilling view. Non-snorkelers can join the day but sit out the snorkeling experience.
- Our Shark Guarantee
- As Sharks are wild animals we cannot guarantee sightings however we have a 95% +success rate of sighting sharks. In the event that you don’t see any sharks we are happy for you to return for a complimentary “Ultimate Encounter - Snorkel with Sharks” within 3 days of your original cruise.
- If poor weather and sea conditions result in the cancellation of the 'Snorkeling with Sharks experience,' a substitute snorkeling safari will be provided.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You must contact South Sea Cruises at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange Transport. Use the contact details on this voucher. Upon check in please present your confirmation or voucher in exchange for your tour boarding pass
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY South Sea Cruises ,Awesome Adventures Fiji, Blue Lagoon Cruise
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Ultimate Encounter Snorkel with Sharks in Fiji?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ultimate Encounter Snorkel with Sharks in Fiji?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeShark DivingExtremeWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesNadiDenarau IslandNature and Wildlife - NadiShark Diving - NadiExtreme - NadiNature and Wildlife - Viti LevuShark Diving - Viti LevuExtreme - Viti LevuNature and Wildlife - Port VilaShark Diving - Port VilaExtreme - Port VilaCategory