2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides primary and emergency medical services by plane to Australia’s most remote outback areas. On this tour, visit the RFDS tourist facility in Darwin to learn more about the work of the RFDS team, hear heroic rescue stories, and enjoy interactive exhibits including a Virtual Reality (VR) presentation and the chance to explore inside an RFDS aircraft.
- Fascinating interactive exhibitions including VR and touchscreens
- Explore on-board a decommissioned RFDS aircraft
- Choice of entrance times throughout the day
- Self-guided tour lets you explore at your own pace
Saved to wishlist!
The facility experiences are self-guided, we do host the first part of the visit and tailor to our demographic
DVD (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointRFDS Darwin Tourist Facility, 45 Stokes Hill Road Stokes Hill Wharf, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The facility is indoors and air-conditioned. There is audio translation for the hologram cinema sessions in Japanese, German, French and Simplified Chinese.
- There is complete disability access and a number of seating options throughout the facility for all guests
- The facility has a gift shop in the center of the facility and are co-branded RFDS with RM Williams in a great clothing and belt range. We also offer a wide selection of RFDS and Bombing of Darwin branded products ranging from T-shirts, hats, books and other great collectibles.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Covid Safety Plan
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Royal Flying Doctor Service Tourist Facility: Two Iconic Territory Stories?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Royal Flying Doctor Service Tourist Facility: Two Iconic Territory Stories?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Royal Flying Doctor Service Tourist Facility: Two Iconic Territory Stories?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesDarwinAttractions & Museums - Northern TerritoryMuseum Tickets & Passes - Northern TerritoryAttractions & Museums - BaliMuseum Tickets & Passes - BaliAttractions & Museums - East JavaMuseum Tickets & Passes - East JavaCategory
George Brown Darwin Botanic GardensMagnetic Termite MoundsParliament HouseEast Point ReserveMuseum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT)Mindil BeachBicentennial ParkEdith Falls (Leliyn)Lyons CottageAquasceneDarwin Waterfront PrecintDarwin Aviation MuseumMyilly Point Heritage PrecinctWindow on the Wetlands Visitor CentreFannie Bay GaolCrocosaurus CoveQantas HangarCharles Darwin National ParkDefence of Darwin Experience