Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy a 5.5-hour wine trails tour of four boutique vineyards in the Waipara wine region
- Wine tasting tour of 4 boutique vineyards in the Waipara area
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Following pickup by coach from your centrally located hotel in Christchurch, your guide takes you on a 40-minute drive to Waipara, one of the South Island’s burgeoning wine regions. Visit cellars and tasting rooms during guided tours of four boutique vineyards in North Canterbury, and sample a distinctive selection of both red and white wines (see below).
Enjoy a lunch of fresh, seasonal dishes that pair well with your wine (if option selected) before hotel drop-off in Christchurch.
• Waipara Hills (formerly Mud House): sample award-winning pinot gris and riesling along with other varietals at the Cellar Door
• Pegasus Bay Winery: discover sustainable viticulture used to bring out the complex flavors and fruit character of the wines
• Torlesse Wines: based in Waipara Village, it prides itself on hand-crafted wines, including gold-medal Torlesse Gewürztraminer and Waipara sauvignon blanc
• Waipara Springs Winery: the 64-acre (26-hectare) vineyard grows a range of varietals for their Waipara Springs and Premo labels; visit the Southern Boundary Wines Cellar Door to sample older vintages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years of age to consume alcohol in New Zealand
- Should any of the named wineries be unavailable on the day of travel, an alternative winery in the Waipara area will be included
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Waipara Wine Trail Afternoon Tour from Christchurch.