- Enjoy a 5.5-hour wine trails tour of four boutique vineyards in the Waipara wine region
- Wine tasting tour of 4 boutique vineyards in the Waipara area
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Departure & Return
Meet outside the Canterbury Museum. There are temporary parking spaces for tour buses, so your driver will meet you there.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Following pickup by coach from your centrally located hotel in Christchurch, your guide takes you on a 40-minute drive to Waipara, one of the South Island’s burgeoning wine regions. Visit cellars and tasting rooms during guided tours of four boutique vineyards in North Canterbury, and sample a distinctive selection of both red and white wines (see below).
Enjoy a lunch of fresh, seasonal dishes that pair well with your wine (if option selected) before hotel drop-off in Christchurch.
• Waipara Hills (formerly Mud House): sample award-winning pinot gris and riesling along with other varietals at the Cellar Door
• Pegasus Bay Winery: discover sustainable viticulture used to bring out the complex flavors and fruit character of the wines
• Torlesse Wines: based in Waipara Village, it prides itself on hand-crafted wines, including gold-medal Torlesse Gewürztraminer and Waipara sauvignon blanc
• Waipara Springs Winery: the 64-acre (26-hectare) vineyard grows a range of varietals for their Waipara Springs and Premo labels; visit the Southern Boundary Wines Cellar Door to sample older vintages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years of age to consume alcohol in New Zealand
- Should any of the named wineries be unavailable on the day of travel, an alternative winery in the Waipara area will be included
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.