- Combine the thrills and excitement of a jet boat ride with the breathtaking scenery of Waimakairir River Gorge on this day trip from Christchurch
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- See the breathtaking views of the rugged snow-capped Southern Alps mountains
- Choice of either 30-minute Braided Blast on Lower Waimak or a 30-minute or 60-minute adventure Jet boat ride up in the Waimak Gorge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off centrally located Christchurch hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
The 30-minute jet boat tour of the Lower Waimak is ideal for those with limited time. Upon reaching the braided Waimakariri River, snap on your provided life jacket, listen to a safety briefing, and hop into the powerful jet boat for a high speed ride. Your expert captain skims over shallow river flats and shingle-bottom streams on an ever-changing course with 360-degree spins and hairpin turns. Allow 1.5 hours from the City Centre and return.
If you have more time to spend amid this spectacular alpine landscape, upgrade to one of the following options listed below.
Waimak Gorge Jet Boating
Experience an exhilarating 30minute adventure jet-boat ride through rugged Waimakariri Gorge with breath-taking views of the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps. Experience the famous 360° Hamilton spin. Allow 3 hours from the City Centre and return.
Waimak Gorge Jet Boating Safari
Extend your jet-boat ride all the way to the upper Waimakariri Gorge, with access to remote areas that are otherwise out of reach. 60 minutes of true New Zealand jet boating. A Canyon Safari Adventure. Allow 4 hours from the City Centre and return.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when traveling with 2 paying adults
- Please note that this tour is an independent tour and you may be traveling with a different driver/guide and group each day
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Waimak Gorge Jet Boating from Christchurch.