2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy a guided horseback ride at a high-country sheep farm in Springfield, outside Christchurch. This horse trek takes you on a riverside trail that is suitable for the entire family. Beginning or more experienced riders can walk, trot or canter past the Waimakariri River Canyon with views of the Southern Alps. Set out in the morning or afternoon in a small group of six people per guide.
- Ride alongside Waimakariri Canyon from a sheep station near Christchurch
- View the Southern Alps from the Otarama lookout
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea
- Ride in a small group of six passengers per guide
Saved to wishlist!
2 hour horse trek with professional guide and all safety equipment (6:1 guide ratio)
Wet weather gear if required
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
534 Rubicon Road, Springfield 7681, New Zealand
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to confirmed booking time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and be a minimum of 12 years old and be confident
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Small groups with max client to guide ratio of 6:1
- Long trousers and sturdy footwear are required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rubicon Valley Horse Treks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Rubicon Valley Horse Treks - 2 Hour River Trail Horse Trek
2 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingNature and WildlifeOutdoor ActivitiesChristchurchHorseback Riding - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandCategory
Church of the Good ShepherdTransitional Cathedral (Cardboard Cathedral)Orana Wildlife ParkMona ValeLake PukakiBridge of RemembranceHanmer Springs Thermal Pools and SpaWaipara Springs Winery and CafePort HillsBurkes PassWaimakariri RiverCanterbury Earthquake National MemorialChristchurch Arts CentreCashel StreetWillowbank Wildlife ReserveArthur's Pass National ParkThe Court TheatreChristchurch GondolaAkaroa PortWaipara