12 to 13 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Getting to Aoraki/Mount Cook from Christchurch is half the fun on this private day trip. Get a look at New Zealand’s tallest mountain and dig into a delicious buffet lunch at the Hermitage Hotel. Then take a walk in Mt. Cook National Park or stroll the village during free time. En route, admire gorgeous views from Lake Pukaki and make a stop at the alpine waters of Lake Tekapo.
- Private day trip, round-trip from Christchurch to Aoraki/Mt. Cook
- Enjoy a day trip from Christchurch to discover incredible glaciers, lakes, and rivers
- Go to the shores of Lake Tekapo and Lake Pukaki by Mercedes minivan
- Visit the iconic Church of Good Shepherd and Bronze Sheepdog Statue in Lake Tekapo
- Buffet lunch at the Hermitage Hotel offers stunning alpine views
- Stop at a cheese factory in Geraldine and have free time in Mt. Cook village
- Explore one of the many alpine walks in Mount Cook National Park
Saved to wishlist!
Private tour (i.e. only for one party)
Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz vans.
Buffet lunch (Temporarily closed due to Covid19, so a À la carte lunch will be served until then)
Hotel Pick up and Drop Off.
Complimentary Hotspot WIFI provided.
Complimentary light refreshments provided.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off from your preferred location in Christchurch.
- Christchurch Intl Airport, Christchurch New Zealand
- Lyttelton Port of Christchurch, 41 Chapmans Road, Hillsborough, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to Covid-19 Hermitage hotel has closed the buffet lunch temporarily. So in case buffet lunch is not operating on the day of your booking. We are taking our clients to Sir Edmund Hillary Cafe & Bar at the Hermitage for lunch. The cafe serves À la carte menu and our driver/guide will give each adult F&B voucher worth $35 and child $20 to be used at cafe and any unused part of the voucher will be refunded to you in cash.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY NZSI Tours & Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Mount Cook Private Day Tour via Lake Tekapo including Lunch?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mount Cook Private Day Tour via Lake Tekapo including Lunch?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Mount Cook Private Day Tour via Lake Tekapo including Lunch
12 to 13 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 31 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChristchurchShore Excursions - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandPorts of Call Tours - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandCategory
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa Tours & TicketsMona Vale Tours & TicketsOrana Wildlife Park Tours & TicketsAir Force Museum of New Zealand Tours & TicketsLake Pukaki Tours & TicketsWillowbank Wildlife Reserve Tours & TicketsSumner Beach Tours & TicketsBanks Peninsula Tours & TicketsPegasus Bay Winery and Restaurant Tours & TicketsWaipara Springs Winery and Cafe Tours & TicketsCanterbury Museum Tours & TicketsBridge of Remembrance Tours & TicketsPort Hills Tours & TicketsChristchurch Arts Centre Tours & TicketsAvon River Tours & TicketsCanterbury Earthquake National Memorial Tours & TicketsAkaroa Harbour Tours & TicketsArthur's Pass National Park Tours & TicketsWaimakariri River Tours & TicketsMount Hutt Tours & Tickets